I’ve been thinking about writing this post for a while, trying to figure out some sassy wise-assed way of starting and frankly, I’ve got nothing. So here goes my year in review, about 30 minutes before midnight. First things first!
The good thing about the above is that people tell me that I don’t look my age :). Anyways, let’s go!
Year 26 was a year of introspection. I was stretched mentally and spiritually and it was darn frightening! I felt like I could relate a lot with Bible characters, strangely not always in a positive way. I would read and then have dialogue with God about how relatable these characters seemed when compared to me and my experiences.
- Like Leah, I sought the approval of the persons I loved dearly or looked up to, overlooking the ways in which God saw me, favoured me and granted me blessings.
- Like Sarah, there were many times I laughed when God told me things that I deemed beyond my reach, clinging fiercely to my perceived limitations.
- Like Hagar, I sought to run from harsh realities (some of which I created), clinging to my false beliefs that I am alone, unloved and unnoticed. I forgot that my God and Father is the One who sees and He sees all of me (even the parts I deemed unworthy of being loved).
- Like Esau, there has been many times in my life that I carelessly sold out my God-given treasures and future blessings in my desire to be immediately and physically satisfied.
- Like the Israelites, there were many times when God told me to go out and claim what He earmaked for me but I rebelled because of my fears.
You get the point right?! You would agree that I didn’t sound like someone who was living under the wings of Christ. I found that I could relate with Michael Jackson because I got up close and personal with the man (well woman) in the mirror. It was downright unpleasant but also rewarding because learning these revelations about myself birthed what I believe to be better parts of myself.
- I learned to operate in faith. I couldn’t see it but I would believe it because God told me that it was to be. This resulted in me going on my 2nd cruise after only 2-3 weeks to put everything in place.
- I decided that I wanted God to be able to trust me to steward whatever He blesses me with. Y’all, I gave more than ever of my money, time and talents. I am slowly getting pass my fear that things would run out. It hasn’t run out yet so God must be on to something :).
- I applied a new measure for loving my neighbor after realizing that there were some areas in which I failed to demonstrate self-love. Daily, through God’s grace I endeavour to love my neighbour as Christ loves me.
This somewhat stubborn and hard-headed child of God is getting there, guys! 🙂
Through Year 26, one thing I am truly grateful for is God’s faithfulness and His determination to keep me on the right paths. Like Chandler Moore and Steffany Gretzinger, I can sing:
“If time was to stop, I could never tell it all…I’m so grateful.”
Check out the awesome song, Thank You, below. You can thank me later. 🙂
His Grace and Faithfulness is something I will rely heavily upon as I step into Year 27, the year in which:
“I am passionate about utilizing my time and talents to make a positive impact on as many lives as possible.“
Thank you for stopping by and reading. 🙂
“May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you His favour and give you peace” – Numbers 6: 23-26
Did you like Today’s Post?
Don’t forget to hit the Like button and share your thoughts in the Comments Section below!
Do you have any discoveries that you would like to share? Send me an email me through the Contact Form.
Do you know someone who would be blessed by this post? Please share it by clicking one of those Sharing Buttons below. And if you are interested in more, you should follow our Facebook page where we share more amazing discoveries.
be happy Bible Christian Discovering Me Experiences Godly Lessons heal heart Life Lessons life-experience life-fulfillment Love overcome Personal self-empowerment strong support birthday God grateful growth introspection thankful thankfulness
I am a dynamic young lady who loves the Lord and seek to have a joy that no one can take away. My all-time favourite thing to do is gaining discoveries by design from My Father during our time each day. Reading, learning and trying new things falls behind in a close second place. My dream is to use my God-given talents to positively impact as many people as possible. As a proud Wolmerian, with a zest for life, I adhere to the “Age Quod Agis” motto in that whatsoever I do, I always do it to the best of my ability.