23rd Birthday Musings
Yesterday I saw this post in Facebook feed.
This was a post I had written on my last day as an eighteen year old. I don’t know what I was thinking when I wrote this but it captured a piece of me that have been simmering for some time since then. I’m still smiling, still have a temper when I’m ready (though it has been honed) and Jesus and I are still having fun but I’m no longer as childish as I was then. Growing up does that to you.
Wow year 22 has ended and year 23 has begun. I can’t help but think of all the changes that I’ve undergone since year 18. I finished high school and university and changed jobs, said goodbye to my childhood and met and changed many friends. Hot potatoes! That’s a lot of changes but I learned a lot a long the way and for that I am grateful:
- I have some fantastic friends who are willing to ensure I keep afloat and tell me the truth even when I’m having a tantrum and the little voices are telling me how nice it would be to smack them silly. Today, one of my friends, thought tired, came a long way to visit my church just because I asked. That reminded me of how blessed I was.
- It is important to take care of myself. Everyone will always believe that the thing they want you to do is important. Everybody will want to add to your plate with no consideration to the fact that you don’t have a ‘S’ on your chest. It is up to you to draw the line.
- Saying “NO” is not a bad thing. In fact, in the right moments, it is a great great great thing.
- Doing the right thing is hard. Doing the wrong thing is easy like 123. When it comes to doing the wrong thing, the little demon with the pitchfork and tail can be very convincing.
- Growing up (aging) happens quickly but accepting all the responsibilities that comes with growing up is hard.
- It is okay to outgrow people. I find that I cut a lot of persons from my life last year. I no longer have a need to be the Belle of the crowd. I’ve come to realize that not every character makes it to the season finale but that doesn’t mean the finale won’t be fantastic.
- Jesus is the best backup, side-up and all types of up that I could ever ask for. He always has my back even when I’m being a brat and making stubbornness an art.
- Always be considerate of others’ feelings. If you wouldn’t like it said or done to you, don’t say or do it to someone.
Year 23 I am here….
be happy be you being yourself Bible Discovering Me Experiences friends Godly Lessons Life Lessons life-experience life-fulfillment live Love self-empowerment smile be happy be you lesson lessons life
DiscoveringByDesign View All →
I am a dynamic young lady who loves the Lord and seek to have a joy that no one can take away. My all-time favourite thing to do is gaining discoveries by design from My Father during our time each day. Reading, learning and trying new things falls behind in a close second place. My dream is to use my God-given talents to positively impact as many people as possible. As a proud Wolmerian, with a zest for life, I adhere to the “Age Quod Agis” motto in that whatsoever I do, I always do it to the best of my ability.
Leave a Reply